Your Storage Solutions Questions Answered in Mariposa, CA
Frequently Asked Questions – Mariposa Self Storage
Welcome to Mariposa Self Storage’s FAQ page, designed to address common queries about our storage services in Mariposa, CA. We’ve compiled essential information about unit sizes, security measures, payment options, and much more. If you have any questions not covered here, feel free to reach out to our friendly team. We’re here to assist you in making informed decisions about your storage needs.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR STORAGE CUSTOMERS
- Place your storage items on 2×4 boards or on pallets to guard agaisnt dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walkways.
Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place. List contents of boxes on all four sides.
Number the boxes, seal them with tape. Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- CAUTION: Do not store any toxic wastes of any kind.
- CAUTION: Do not store anything combustible (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.).
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 24 Ibs. to 30 lbs (It is best not to put too much in each box.)
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knickknacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths, and clothes.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- Tables having removable legs should be “broken down” to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
- Cover stuffed furniture with plastic, cardboard or blankets to protect against dust.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Use a good quality lock on your door. Cheap locks rust and do not provide good security
- Periodically inspect and immediately notify Mariposa Self-Stor of any defects in the storage unit.